There’s no getting around the changing seasons in Cambridge, it’s something we all have to account for and make changes to accommodate. While it still may not be at the top of your mind, the time is getting closer to start using your heating system. This, of course, means that it’s the ideal time to schedule annual furnace service as well, but possibly not in the way that you had possibly thought.
Energy savings comes in many shapes and forms, including:
- Furnace Service. Many homeowners strictly associate furnace service with changing out filters, but having a tune-up performed can help your system run more smoothly, providing you with efficient comfort that can help you save on your monthly heating costs.
- Take It Down A Notch. Changing the temperature on your thermostat even a couple degrees can help you save consistently throughout the year. It’s pretty clear, but when your system doesn’t have to operate as often, you don’t have to pay as much in energy expenses.
- Filters. Another simple fix that most every homeowner can complete on their own, swapping furnace filters every month or two during the heating season helps air pass through more easily, making less work for your furnace.
- Defeat Drafts. It’s easy to lose a lot of your heated air to drafty windows and doors, so be sure to utilize caulk and weatherstripping to close those irritating holes and keep the warm air indoors to enjoy.
- High Efficiency. When your Pliescott HVAC Services LLC expert comes by for your annual furnace service, ask about your current system’s efficiency level and what higher efficiency models are available. Choosing higher efficiency can provide you with the same level of comfort, while helping reduce your monthly energy expenses.
Everyone likes to save a few dollars here and there, and by no means is this list the end-all be-all, but there are a few basic ways to help increase your comfort when the temperatures drop in Cambridge. Whether you’re calling to schedule annual furnace service or simply want to know which furnace filter is correct for your system, give the team at Pliescott HVAC Services LLC a call at 410-228-4822 to start saving a little more today.