Like any product you want to keep in good shape, HVAC equipment requires proper care in order to provide the best benefits. Trained professionals can service your heating and cooling products to ensure they're working at their maximum potential and help prevent more expensive repairs in the middle of the hottest or coldest months of the year.
Contact Pliescott HVAC Services LLC at 410-228-4822 to get a comprehensive quote on replacement equipment.
Two-stage heating enables the furnace to heat at two levels of output: high for cold winter days and low for mild ones. About 80 percent of the time, your homes heating requirements can be met when the furnace is kept on the low setting, allowing your two-stage unit to run for longer periods of time. Two-stage units also offer more even heat distribution, fewer temperature swings, quiet operation, increased air filtration and energy efficiency.
Pliescott HVAC Services LLC has an assortment of brands and models that are more efficient than ever and make it easier to find the right fit for your home. There are innovative systems that make heating or cooling your home more automatic, functioning similar to cruise control to make minor adjustments to help meet your comfort demands with energy efficiency. You can reach us at 410-228-4822 to learn more about the technology we offer.
Modern furnaces are developed with a host of innovative features older furnaces don't have. Todays heating systems give you more even heating and are better at regulating airflow. Although the air coming out of your vents may seem cooler than your old furnace, the airflow is much better and more efficient.
Another bonus of modern furnaces is their ability to integrate with other HVAC products as part of a high-efficiency whole home comfort system. When combined with a high-efficiency air conditioner, furnace blowers can more easily accommodate add-on cooling. Other innovations, such as Precise Comfort technology and variable speed motors, will help your furnace operate more efficiently and quieter than ever.
The Department of Energy recently raised the minimum efficiency levels for air conditions, and the standards vary by region. Contact Pliescott HVAC Services LLC at 410-228-4822 to find out the requirements for the Cambridge area.
Pliescott HVAC Services LLC carries a number of HVAC products with high-efficiency ratings, which can help lower the amount of energy they require to run. Aside from choosing products that have received Energy Star® certification or achieved high SEER ratings for air conditioners or AFUE ratings for furnaces, you should consider the following:
- Making certain that your system receives ongoing maintenance by a trained technician can keep your system operating at its top performance.
- Zoning systems enable you to heat or cool only specific areas of your home, so you wont have to pay to heat or cool spaces that you don't typically utilize.
- Using a programmable thermostat allows you to set the temperature in your home around your schedule. They can be programmed to give you the comfort you need when you're home and increase or decrease the temperature while you're not around, helping you save on heating and cooling costs.
Pliescott HVAC Services LLC is well-known in the Cambridge area and you can trust them to provide quality home comfort products. We feature a variety of innovative and high-quality products. We are dedicated to giving customers high-quality service and will make sure you find the appropriate solution for your home.
Improving your home's indoor air quality starts with four basic strategies:
- Poor indoor air quality leaves your home with lots of air pollutants floating around. So, to increase IAQ, the first step is to get rid of as many pollutants as possible. You can easily do this by cleaning and vacuuming at least one time during the week, frequently washing linens and storing cleaning products safely.
- Proper insulation is ideal for keeping your home warm in the winter and cool in the summer, but it also makes it difficult for airborne pollutants to escape. We have products that help swap stale air for fresh, filtered outside air.
- Good ventilation and regular cleaning are a start, but air filters, germicidal lights and purification systems take your IAQ to the next level by capturing microscopic particles, killing germs and getting rid of particles while destroying chemical vapors.
- Programmable thermostats will help control the humidity levels and temperature to help stop particles and germs from building up while also keeping your home comfortable.
We advise that you meet with one of the experts at Pliescott HVAC Services LLC and have them evaluate your home and current indoor comfort system. We can help you decide which equipment will be best suited to meet your needs.
Most homeowners believe that air conditioners make it cooler in your house, but it actually removes the heat from your house, directing the hot air outside. That hot air moves across a cold indoor coil where refrigerant in the lines sends the heat to the coil in your outdoor unit, releasing it outside. This cycle continues until the indoor temperature reaches the temp that was set on your thermostat.
Due to the high amount of energy used by heating and cooling systems, the Department of Energy (DOE) hiked up the minimum efficiency levels for air conditioners, heat pumps and packaged units manufactured after January 1, 2015. These levels are determined based on region and carry varying requirements based on your location. Pliescott HVAC Services LLC will be able to answer any questions you may have regarding these minimum requirements and let you know what choices are available when you're searching for a replacement system.
These numbers can be found on a nameplate or sticker that is near your systems service panel. The sticker is white with black letters and have both of these numbers located around the top of the sticker. M/N signifies model number while S/N is your serial number.
There are a few ways to determine what size system will best suit your home, but the most reliable way to determine the right size system is by having your local Pliescott HVAC Services LLC technician come out and perform a load calculation. This calculation considers your homes: square footage, insulation value, amount of insulation, and a variety of other factors.
Yes, because dirt and other debris can hinder your systems ability to work efficiently. For heat pumps, it is not unusual to have frost or ice on them during the winter, but they also are built with defrost controls to ensure they work efficiently in those kinds of weather.
Two-stage cooling means that your cooling unit has two levels of operation. When summer is its hottest, the high setting is used, and when its cooler or more mild, the low setting handles the duties.
Typically, the lower setting is able to take care of your cooling needs, but even when the high setting starts up, you may not realize it because it can generate such even temperatures for your comfort. This can also mean a quieter cooling system, greater efficiency and better humidity control.
Your system could be freezing up for a couple of reasons, but the most typical are dirty filters, low refrigerant, a dirty evaporator coil and/or a faulty blower motor. Changing a filter is something you, the homeowner, can take care of; however, you should call the professionals at Pliescott HVAC Services LLC at 410-228-4822 for other problems or if you have other questions or concerns.
Identifying the best thermostat for your cooling system comes with a lot of considerations. Thats why its nice to have such a big variety of choices from Pliescott HVAC Services LLC . Whether you're looking for a programmable or non-programmable thermostat or want to join the smart home trend, there are various thermostats that you have to choose from. Some thermostats will depend on what type of heating and cooling system you have, but the team at Pliescott HVAC Services LLC will be able to help determine what options fit your needs and your budget.
Heat pumps can be a little confusing due to their name, but they actually meet both your heating and cooling needs all year. When its hot outside it works like an air conditioner in that it removes heat from your home, but when it cools off, the process gets switched around and it collects heat from outside and brings it inside. Heat pumps are also very efficient, and might produce up to two or three times more heat than the energy it uses.
Of course we advise you to also replace your indoor system, but this is why:
- All outdoor cooling systems have a matching indoor unit that they are intended to work with to ensure efficient performance. When they aren't paired with the other piece as a total system, efficiency might suffer.
- As with most products, advancements have brought about newer, more efficient ways of doing things. Heating and cooling systems are no different. These improvements most importantly include improved heating and cooling efficiency, but also involve improved air handling, filtering and noise pollution reduction to name a few.
- Heating and cooling systems that are more than 10-15 years old normally need to be replaced. Not only do they consist of outdated technology, but they are also less efficient than more recent models. Buying a new indoor unit at the same time means you'll have a matched system to provide you with even more comfort and efficiency for years to come.
The communication module on your home energy system may send the system's performance records for each module to a website. You may visit this website to learn more about the system's status, energy production and environmental benefits. The site also displays carbon offsets as it happens.
In most areas, rain will clean the solar modules off automatically. If you are located in a dusty or industrial area, periodically spraying the modules with water could help improve performance. However, detergents and high-pressure hoses should never be used to clean solar modules.
The right thermostat for you depends on your heating and cooling equipment. Pliescott HVAC Services LLC has programmable and nonprogrammable thermostats that can help enhance the efficiency of your HVAC systems. Browse our available products or contact us at 410-228-4822 to learn more.
Heating and cooling can make up a large part of your utility bill. The innovative and high-efficiency heating and air conditioning products available from Pliescott HVAC Services LLC can help lower these costs. If you're shopping for a new heating or cooling system, look for products with high SEER ratings for air conditioners and AFUE ratings for furnaces. SEER and AFUE are a measure of system efficiency, and the larger the number, the more efficient the product. Besides purchasing a new home comfort system, don't forget about these additional factors:
- Is your system consistently maintained? Whether it's a furnace or air conditioner, HVAC systems will operate more efficiently after regular maintenance checks.
- Could your home use a zoning system? If there are rooms in your home that are rarely used, a zoning system will allow you to heat or cool only the most used areas of your house.
- Does your home have a programmable or smart thermostat? According to the U.S. Department of Energy, programmable thermostats may lower your heating costs by up to 35 percent, and your cooling costs by up to 25 percent.
Zoning equipment gives you the the comfort of sectioning areas of your home and control the temperature differently in each part of your home. Zoning equipment is best for when you have parts of your residence that are seldom used or when you and your family are often in disagreement of how hot or cold it ought to be inside. Zoning systems are nearly silent and efficient, allowing you more control over the comfort of your home. Discover more about the zoning systems available from Pliescott HVAC Services LLC .