Call it Murphy’s Law, or maybe just a little misfortune, but we sometimes see heat pump problems in Cambridge during the winter time, when they’re required to keep you toasty. While you know the team at Pliescott HVAC Services LLC will always be there ASAP when you need us for a heat pump repair, there are some things you can do to ensure a repair is needed and save yourself some expenses if it’s not. We’ve gathered this checklist of things to try before you give us a call.
- It may sound silly, but make sure everything is turned “on”. We’ve been to numerous calls only to find the thermostat or the heat pump itself is switched off.
If the heat pump still hasn’t kicked on, revisit your thermostat.
- Is the thermostat turned to heat? If yes, boost the temperature by five degrees to check if it turns on.
- If everything looks right, test your heat pump switch (if it has one) and check the fuses and circuit breaker that protect the extra heating element (if it has one).
Is a blockage causing your heat pump to fail?
- Try swapping the battery, if it has one.
- Examine your air filters inside your air handler to make sure they’re not blocking things up.
- Are your room heating registers open and unbarred?
If you’ve worked through this checklist and you still need a heat pump fix, call Pliescott HVAC Services LLC at 410-228-4822 and we’ll return your home back to the warm and cozy place you expect this time of year.