It isn’t far off to say that we’re never far from our smartphones. Whether it is email, searching the latest sports scores or scrolling Twitter, we seem to be as busy as ever. That doesn’t mean that your smartphone can’t be used for simple conveniences like realizing when you need air conditioner service though.
Today, there are two types of Wi-Fi thermostats.
- Connected. These mean you can control the system from anywhere via Wi-Fi, so if you leave the house and forget to turn down the thermostat you can go into an app and change the temperature setting.
- Smart Thermostats. In addition to Wi-Fi capabilities, smart thermostats automatically change the temperature for you based on whether you’re home or not.
Smart thermostats have been discussed quite a bit in the last few years, and as technology continues to improve, they will surely become even more common. And why not? They do offer a variety of perks and allow you to have the greatest control over your home’s temperature and environment.
- Easy adjustments. Smart thermostats don’t just have a clever name, they know your habits and know when you’re at home and when you’re away so that you can get the greatest savings out there. Smart thermostats make sure that your comfort is always a high priority, while also working to save you more money.
- Helpful reminders. Wouldn’t you love to know when it’s time to swap your heating and cooling system’s filter or when it’s time to set up air conditioner service? Smart thermostats can allow you to do so, meaning you can rely on your system to tell you when there is a concern or it’s time for service.
- Convenient compatibility. Most smart thermostats are developed for easy integration across many different heating and cooling equipment manufacturers so you can choose the perfect one for your needs and budget.
Smart thermostats will continue to improve like most pieces of technology, but they already offer a host of perks that can help increase your comfort, potentially lower your energy bills, and even tell you when you need to arrange for air conditioner service. Pliescott HVAC Services LLC in Cambridge has a number of thermostats to choose from, so if you have any questions about which one is right for you, give us a call at 410-228-4822.