With warmer temps right around the corner, now is the time to prep your air conditioner. When your air conditioner
is operating at its best, it can trim a significant amount off your energy costs! Likewise, if your air conditioning unit is in need of service, it could significantly heighten your bills and cause unnecessary and life-shortening wear and tear on your system. Having your Pliescott HVAC Services LLC professional complete air conditioning service
at least annually is critical to keeping your system operating at its best for a long time. He or she can ensure the unit is operating as it should be and can identify potential problems before they happen, saving you even more money.
Your skilled air conditioning service should include, but is not limited to:
- Replacement of, or cleaning of, air filters
- Cleaning of condensate drain, blower components and condenser coil
- Lubrication of all moving parts and tightening of electrical components
- Performance of cooling cycle assessment
In addition to setting up your professional air conditioning service, there are things you can do now and intermittently throughout the year to be sure your air conditioner is at its best.
- Uncover your outdoor unit if you kept it covered during winter. Using your AC with a cover, coil blanket or lid on it could hurt your system and require big repairs or even replacement.
- Clear the area by your AC. Make sure there are no shrubs, weeds, flowers, etc. growing too close to your AC unit because they might interfere with airflow through your AC. Also make sure there aren’t piles of leaves or mulch obstructing any piece of it.
Through the year:
- While your filters could be cleaned or replaced during your professional air conditioning service, it’s important for you to look at them monthly and change them per the manufacturer’s suggestion. Every home has it’s own needs when dealing with air filter replacement, relying on aspects like owning house pets or having home construction through the year.
Having your ducts cleaned on a regular basis will also make sure your air conditioner is able to work efficiently and will help you maintain a comfortable home. By sticking to these simple, proactive steps, you’ll be doing everything you can to be sure your air conditioner will be prepared for whatever summer brings your way. Give the experts at Pliescott HVAC Services LLC a call at 410-228-4822.