As warmer weather begins, you may be thinking, is an AC tune-up worth it in Cambridge? Even if your cooling system is recently purchased or was cooling well last summer.
Here’s one approach to contemplate it. You wouldn’t purchase a brand-new car and never expect to schedule any service for it, such as changing the oil or putting on new tires.
The same is applicable to your AC. It’s a machine that uses fuel and has moving components. Like a vehicle, it can develop leaks and its moving parts can malfunction.
Having your system examined seasonally by a Pliescott HVAC Services LLC tech can help find minor troubles before they turn into major meltdowns. (And cause your equipment to stop working!)
6 Reasons to Tune Up Your AC in the Spring
- It keeps your unit clean. Since your cooling system is located outside your home, it’s more prone to accumulating dirt, leaves and other yard clippings, which can majorly decrease your equipment’s efficiency. While you can try our how to clean your AC guide, we suggest calling a specialist to maintain delicate internal parts.
- It keeps your system efficient. Dirt and yard refuse that collect inside your unit can push it to work harder and decrease airflow. Both these issues can lead to increased energy use—and a more expensive energy bill!
- It could lengthen your unit’s life span. A clean unit is an efficient one and could even help it work longer. That’s money that you’ll keep on your monthly energy bill and over the years, because you won’t have to install new equipment as quickly.
- It helps find minor problems before they turn into large, expensive troubles. During professional AC maintenance, your specialist will keenly examine components and perform a set of air conditioning performance verifications. These all-inclusive processes often allow us to locate troubles before they turn into large issues that cause a pricey repair bill.
- It helps ensure worry-free comfort throughout the season. After your air conditioner is serviced, you’ll have peace of mind knowing your unit is prepped to deliver worry-free comfort. Even on the hottest days. It’s one of the wisest methods to keep your air conditioner from failing.
- It keeps your warranty valid. Most manufacturers call for seasonal maintenance to keep your warranty valid. Without this tune-up, your unit is open to premature failure and decreased efficiency.
What Does AC Maintenance Involve?
A good AC service should involve an examination and maintenance work from a licensed HVAC specialist. Here’s some of the things we’ll do:
We’ll examine the subsequent locations and parts:
- Full unit order
- Start-up progression
- Thermostat calibration
- Air filter
- Blower pieces and airflow
- Electrical connections
- Condenser coil
- Safety components
- Supply and return temperature
- Refrigerant pressure
- Condensate drains
This is just a portion of the work we’ll finish:
- Put in new air filters
- Tighten electrical connections
- Verify electrical flow
- Lubricate moving parts
- Unclog condensate drains
- Clean condenser coil
Book Your AC Maintenance Now with Pliescott HVAC Services LLC
This week is the greatest time to schedule your AC maintenance! Give our Pliescott HVAC Services LLC pros a shout at 410-228-4822 or contact us online to schedule your appointment. Before we visit your residence, make sure to check our discount offers for savings on your next maintenance.