During the cooler Cambridge months, your furnace is your best friend—except for when your furnace breaks down and becomes your worst enemy. Hopefully, this won’t occur in your house, keeping you and your furnace on friendly terms. However, if it occurs, a simple call to Pliescott HVAC Services LLC will have you back to a warm and cozy home in no time. We’ve got some signs you should look for to help you determine if you’re in need a furnace repair—hopefully before you are faced with an emergency repair job. Call Pliescott HVAC Services LLC as soon as possible if you notice any of these problems:
- You smell gas. Shut down your furnace immediately and shut off its gas supply if you smell gas. Don’t light a match or anything else that creates a flame and don’t turn on your lights until your furnace can be examined by a qualified technician or your gas company.
- Your home is too chilly. If you’re constantly turning up the thermostat, yet you remain cold, a furnace repair could be needed. While this could be a symptom of a problem with your thermostat, it might also mean your furnace is too small for your home.
- Your furnace is noisy. If you notice a change in the sounds coming from your furnace and it’s not the typical noise, it’s probably wise to schedule a repair.
- Your utility bill is climbing without increased usage. If you’re running your furnace as you usually do but notice an increase in your utility costs, there are a variety of different problems you could be experiencing. Your professional from Pliescott HVAC Services LLC can identify what the problem is.
- Your blower isn’t working correctly. If your blower isn’t running enough or, on the other hand, is running consistently, you could have a problem. It could be a something as minor as an air filter problem or something as large as a motor problem. We’ll help you sort it out.
Now that you know how to recognize when you need a furnace repair, call us and our team can help. If your furnace is running fine, keep it that way with a preventive maintenance visit. Just call Pliescott HVAC Services LLC at 410-228-4822 or schedule an appointment with us online.