Having routine air conditioning service completed at least once a year can help prolong the life of your air conditioner and keep it operating at its highest efficiency. Before we get to the hottest days of the Cambridge summer, have the professionals at Pliescott HVAC Services LLC perform your routine air conditioning service.
Particular tasks should always be completed during a proper air conditioning service appointment. According to energy.gov, your specialist should always:
- Check for the proper amount of refrigerant, and if necessary, look for refrigerant leaks utilizing a leak detector.
- If a refrigerant evacuation is required, reclaim any refrigerant that must be cleared from the system, instead of illegally releasing it to the environment.
- Look for proper airflow throughout the system.
- Check the appropriate electric control sequence to make sure of correct sequence of operation.
- Review electric terminals, clean and strengthen connections.
- Check the exactness of the thermostat.
When it comes to DIY air conditioning service, replacing or cleaning your air filters routinely is on the top of the list. That’s because nothing else that straightforward can help ensure your air conditioner continues to run at top efficiency. Besides when the air filter is cleaned or swapped out during your routine air conditioning service appointment, you should inspect it frequently. We suggest taking a look at it once a month or according to the manufacturer’s suggestion. How often it actually needs cleaning or replacement will be dependent on individual influences in your home, like how much dust comes into your home and whether or not you have pets.
If it’s time for your regular air conditioner service or if you have questions about air filters or another element of air conditioner maintenance, call Pliescott HVAC Services LLC today at 410-228-4822.